Message from the president
Welcome to Highland College
Highland College was established in Bahir Dar town, Ethiopia, in August of 2003 by a team of professionals who have many years of teaching experience at university and business consultancy service.Some of the share members are PhD holders and others are at master level in different disciplines.
Our College has recorded enormous remarkable achievements in the past twelve years. Since its establishment, it has graduated thousands of competent professionals in various fields, programs, and levels; and as a result, has contributed its best to overall development endeavours of the country. To realize its vision: “Highland College aspires to be the top ten universities in Ethiopia by 2027,” the College has designed a five year’s Strategic Plan which would enable it to run several things. I would like to assure you that there will be many opportunities in the future with this Strategic Plan.
Finally, I advise you to maintain your relationship so that you will be able to network with the College community to pursue new endeavors.
Temesgen Amera (President)
Research and quality assurance
The College established research and quality assurance office. Moreover, the College established favorable conditions for development of research culture. The office has a research and quality assurance officer and a quality assurance committee of seven members composed of one number from each of the following: The executive management, teachers’ representatives, the department heads, & from the students union of the College.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of the Quality Assurance officer are:
Introducing and informing quality circles in each working centers.
Performing, planning, controlling, supervising and managing for better quality
Conducting inward supervision and evaluation by preparing checklists.
Insuring the quality works in each office and training areas.
Reviewing the quality assurance manuals and procedures.
የሐይላንድ ኮሌጅ ራዕይ፣ ተልዕኮ ዕሴቶችና ዓላማዎች
እኤአ በ2030 በኢትዮጵያ ከሚገኙ አስር ታዋቂ ዩኒቨርስቲዎች ውስጥ አንዱ ሆኖ ማየት፣
- በተሟላ ግብዓት የታገዘ እና ገበያን ማዕከል ያደረገ ጥራት ያለው ትምህርትና ስልጠና መስጠት፣
- በእውቀት፣ በክህሎትና በአመለካከት የበቁና ሙያዊ ስነ-ምግባር የተላበሱ ባለሙያዎችን ለኢንዱስትሪው ማፍራት፣
- ተማሪዎችን እና መምህራንን ያሳተፈ ችግር ፈቺ ጥናትና ምርምር በማድረግ ለተጠቃሚዎች ማድረስ፣
- ከክልል፣ ከአገር አቀፍና ከዓለም አቀፍ ተቋማት ጋር ትብብር በመፍጠር የሳይንስና ቴክኖሎጂ ሽግግር ማጠናከር፣
- ለላቀ የት/ት ጥራት መስራት፣
- ቅድሚያ ለተማሪዎች፣
- ልዩነትን ማክበር፣
- የአገሪቱንና የክልሉን ፍላጎት ማዕከል ያደረገ ጥራት ያለው ትምህርትና ስልጠና በመስጠት በእውቀት፣ በክህሎትና በአመለካከት የበቁ ምሩቃንን ማፍራት፣
- በአገሪቱና በክልሉ የዕድገት ፍላጎት ላይ የተመሠረተ የማህበረሰብ አገልግሎት መስጠት፣
- በአገሪቱ ፍላጎት ላይ የተመሠረተና በዕውቀት ሽግግር ላይ ያተኮረ ችግር ፈቺ ጥናትና ምርምርን ማጎልበት፣
- ከአገር-አቀፍና ከዓለም-አቀፍ አጋር አካላት ጋር በመተባበር ለመንግስት፣ መንግስታዊ ላልሆኑ እና ለግል ድርጅቶች የረጅምና የአጭር ጊዜ ስልጠና መስጠት፣
Mission, Vision, Values & Goals of Highland College
Highland College envisions becoming one of the top ten Universities in Ethiopia by the year 2030 G.C.
- Provide quality education supported by the state-of-the-art facilities in response to the labor market.
- Produce competent and ethical professionals equipped with the necessary skills and attitude to the business world.
- Promote demand-driven research through partnership with active engagement of staffs and students and disseminate findings to end user.
- Enhance linkages with regional, national and international organizations to advance science and technology transfer in the region and country.
- Students’ First
- Produce knowledgeable, skilled and attitudinally matured graduates with a view to nationally and internationally competitive human power;
- Design and provide community and consultancy service that shall cater to the developmental needs of the region & the country;
- Conduct research focusing on knowledge transfer and solving societal problems with the country’s priority needs;
- Promote and enhance linkages with governmental, non-governmental organizations and the private sector stakeholders.